Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful!


It has been really, really cold here.  I usually don't mind the winter, until this year.  I think I am just picky about winter, if it isn't snowing I think the cold should go away.  It has been freezing here and we haven't had any significant snow.  I am stuck inside with the boys who are dying to go out and build a snowman.  I am left worrying about the electric bill, because who in their right mind would build a 3200 square foot house with electric heat?  Apparently, the builders of our house would!  Another issue this year is the lack of humidity, I just had to order another humidifier for upstairs because everyone is itchy and stuffy.  I am hopeful though, tomorrow we are supposed to get a storm and actual accumulation!  I counting on the weather people being right this time.  Mostly, I am waiting for spring...only three months to go!

3 comments:

Jean said...

See, I'm the opposite...I can deal with the cold, but don't like the snow!

I heard from a friend that you can buy a whole-house humidifier to attach to your furnace. It also hooks into your water line, so you don't have to fill it.

We're going to look into one for our new house...

Molly said...

Hmmm, that sounds nice if I hadn't already spent more than $300 on humidifiers!

kkreations said...

It is called April Aire and works great. Decreases the nasal snuffies a ton! We had it put in about 5 years ago and only cost about $350, so is affordable too. On that lines we also had a air cleaner put on the furnance, uses a light that omits ozone which kills bacteria, mold, Formaldehyde, and flu viruses. Similar to what hospitals use for "clean rooms". All in hopes to live more green. :)