Saturday, April 28, 2012

Moving

In two weeks our entire world is going to change, we are moving!  After being in denial for a couple weeks, I think the reality is beginning to hit me.  
This is something that we have wanted for a long time.  We have been so disappointed with the Catholic schools, cost and lack of faith formation, in our current city and have been trying to find a better place to raise our boys.  Homeschooling was never my plan, thankfully we were blessed with a wonderful group to be a part of.  I really could not have homeschooled on my own.  My boys have loved being a part of their co-op and I have been blessed with wonderful friends also.  Ultimately, we want our kids in Catholic school because I am not willing to homeschool for twenty more years!
So, in two weeks we will be moving 10 hours away!  I am nervous about how the kids will deal with this transition.  One of the hardest thing for me is that we have amazing neighbors.  We have the kind of neighbors people dream about, our kids play together everyday, we borrow things all the time.  They have the same standards as we do for our kids so we have never had to worry about what they are watching or talking about.  The kids will be leaving their t-ball team, scout troop and friends from co-op.  It is going to be a rough transition for all of us, but I hope that we will soon have them in school and they can start to form new friendships.
I am trying not to completely stress-out about selling our house and living in an apartment with 4 kids for the summer, thank goodness there is a pool!!!  We have faith that God is leading us and I hope that His plan also includes our house selling very soon!  


No comments: