Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Christmas Movies

I really love Christmas movies, I always have.  Apparently my children do too, because I have to hide the movies 10 months out of the year so we are not watching The Polar Express in June!
I wanted to share a couple of movies that I have discovered in the past couple of years that have a great Christmas message.
My absolute favorite is The Very First Noel

This movie is funny and adorable but yet is able to tell the entire Nativity story in 30 minutes.  My boys really love it and I do too.

The next movie that I just discovered this year is Red Boots for Christmas.

Finally, the most recent Veggie Tales movie Saint Nicholas: A Story of Joyful Giving 




is a, surprisingly historically correct, movie that incorporates the humor of Veggie Tales while teaching kids that Christmas is not just about what you get  under the tree.
I like to let the kids watch the holiday usuals: Rudolph, The Grinch, The Polar Express, Winnie the Pooh Christmas, but also incorporate these into the mix.

No comments: