Friday, December 10, 2010

Oliver's Antics

I can't believe I haven't blogged about this yet, but Oliver is driving me crazy!  I thought I had this baby boy thing figured out by now, but I obviously don't.  I keep telling everyone,  "I have never had  a baby like this!"
He has gotten into so many things, I decided to start a list, because someday I may think it is funny.
Here goes:
  1. Wrote all over the kitchen wall with a dry erase marker, thankfully I have magic erasers.
  2. Took the vacuum bag out of the vacuum, along with copious amounts of yucky dust from the bag, and spread it all over the carpet.
  3. Pushed the lamp off of the end table onto the floor, breaking the lightbulb.
  4. Climbs onto the island, counters, and kitchen table daily.
  5. Put a lollipop stick in the humidifier fan.
  6. Knocked down my red berry Christmas tree and broke the top.
  7. Pulled an entire round of Christmas lights off of the tree.
  8. After pulling them off, threw numerous Christmas ornaments on the floor, before we undecorated the bottom half of the tree.
  9. Dumped out my entire sewing box, needles and all, on the floor and was playing with them.
  10. Took out two of the three drawers on his dresser and dumped them on the floor, bending the rails inside in the process.
  11. Knocked over his dirty diaper garbage, took the bag out and all of the diapers.
  12. Took out the drawer under his crib, dumped it over and jumped on it.
  13. Played in the toilet with the plunger, many times.
  14. Got in my bathtub, and was caught as he was attempting to turn the water on.
  15. Took every Kleenex out of a brand new box.
  16. Took every wipe out of a new container.
  17. Stuffed as many new diapers as he could into the diaper garbage.
  18. Took out all pans from the drawer under the stove.
  19. Dumped a bag of coffee out all over the floor in the pantry.
  20. Pulled a coffee filter, with old grounds, out of the garbage and ate some.  He had them all over his mouth...YUCK!
  21. Picked up a hot cup of coffee, attempted to drink it, and spilled it all over the carpet.
  22. Opened the garage door, unbeknownst to me, and went outside by himself.
  23. Pushed over the fireplace grill and broke it.
  24. Throws all of the remote controls consistently, surprisingly none of them have been broken.
  25. Manages to squeeze his hand between the child lock and turns off the cd player daily.  All I want is to listen to a little Christmas music!
Just so you don't think that Oliver is unsupervised, most of these things have happened while I am busy doing things like; going to the bathroom, switching the clothes, loading up the car etc.  It is amazing the havoc he can cause in a matter of seconds!



2 comments:

kkreations said...

That really made my day and gave me a good laugh..... I can definitely feel your pain, sounds like my little guy, everyone tells me that is because he is a boy. I have this illusion that I am going to break him into being more gentle and calm. If you find something to take coffee out of carpet let me know, he spilled a large cup in our living room months back, I have had the carpets cleaned, used OxiClean, Resolve and plain vinegar (that's what the internet said to use). Jace also loves pulling all the wipes out of the container, I will be very happy when our house isn't Jace proofed anymore and we can keep interior doors open (he loves playing with toilet brushes, dad's toothbrush, mom's makeup and putting things in the toilet! Like you said, someday you will think back and laugh and from what I am told wish you had those days again. Good luck! Angela

Sharon said...

I think he should never get to play with my Brennan. They sound VERY similar!

My sympathies...and I share smiles with you, too.