Friday, December 17, 2010

So Glad That's Over!

Well we survived....all being sick that is.  From last Friday until this Wednesday night, everyone in our family was very sick.  The boys had it the worst and then Thomas and I.  Let me explain, we don't get sick.....seriously.  Our kids are rarely sick, and never to the point of throwing up.   I have to admit, sometimes I get a little prideful and take for granted the fact that I have healthy kids.  Honestly, the night the throwing up started, I had just told Thomas 10 minutes earlier, our kids never get sick, Oliver has never thrown up and the boys haven't in years!  Literally 10 minutes later Oliver threw up, and it didn't stop for 5 days!  
I just don't deal well with kids throwing up, scrubbing carpets, giving baths, changing sheets etc. at 2 am and every 15 minutes following.  Not to mention the fact that Thomas and I were both sick too, so it was an elbowing match everytime we heard one of the kids running to the bathroom again in the middle of the night.  I am just so thankful that we got this out of the way this week and it wasn't on Christmas.  From now on I am going to make a point to be thankful for healthy kids because it is so easy to take it for granted!


P.S.
It wasn't over....I was sick all yesterday and throughout the night.  Thankfully, Thomas came home from work early.  Just this one night made me so grateful that I have never had to be on bedrest...yikes!  

1 comment:

Heather said...

I know what you mean. Until last year, Grant had never missed a day of school pr me work for him. He had never had an antibiotic. Then, Miles went in the hospital with some weird virus that he couldn't control his temp (Feb). And in August, all three boys (Daniel included) got the stomach bug. Grant could not get rid of it and had to have an antibiotic. Since then Daniel and Miles has gotten another one last weekend. Luckily, Miles is over it within hours.. Daniel takes forever. So our first 5 years with a kid, was easy... not one doctor visit other than wellness. Last year two doctor visits per child, and one hospital visit. I know now not to take healthy kids for granted! I am sorry you had to deal with this. I am sure it wasn't easy being pregnant.