Monday, August 30, 2010

Did I Ever Tell You How Lucky You Are?

This is something I would like to say to all of my friends who have grandparents that live nearby.  My mom and stepdad visited this weekend and it was wonderful.  Both sets of grandparents live 12 hours away from us and sometimes it gets very tiring never having a break.  Sure, we can hire a babysitter but it isn't the same as dropping the kids off to play with grandpa for the afternoon.  Our goal has always been to move closer to family but that dream seems to be fading.  We are trying to make the best of the situation but pray that it won't always be like this.  
I think the boys liked my mom's dog, Chloe, as much as them.....maybe a little more!


Here are some pictures that I promised of Joseph playing in the rookie league.  Not sure how he feels about it yet, we are hoping that he wants to play again!


2 comments:

kkreations said...

I know exactly what you mean, my parents don't live that far away but far enough you can't just drop off for a bit. Unfortunately my husbands family lives in town but that isn't an option much either. Sometimes it would be nice to have an hour or so of help, then people/articles tell you to make a support group with friends and share/trade babysitting hours with them. Any of my stay at home Moms already have 3 children, like they really want 3 more! :)
I am looking forward to tomorrow when I send my oldest off to first grade and my middle one to 4K, then I will probably be lonely! :)

Heather said...

I agree Molly. And when our family is here.. since they don't see the kids that often they are not comfortable being left alone with my children... so no date night for us! Actually, Daniel and I have been out 3-4 times together since Grant was born (5 years ago). We get invites to adult only parties.. one goes.. while the other stays home. I would love to just go out to dinner and a movie with my hubby!