Sunday, November 14, 2010

The Lego Party

Today we celebrated Joseph's 7th birthday, even though the real day isn't until next Sunday.  This was our first "friend" party and I have to admit, I was a little scared.  We had to keep 9 boys, ages 4-7, busy for a couple of hours without getting bored and without fighting. 
Joseph's chosen theme was Lego, of course.  The party ended up being a complete success, everyone had fun, minimal messes were made and Thomas and I survived.

We decided to make these personalized Lego mini-figures for all of the boys.  They came out really cute, but were a lot of work! 
 Henry with his Drew Brees Saints mini-figure.
 Joseph, with his Lego Universe mini-figure.
 The Lego cake, that I slaved and stressed out over.  It came out okay, but next time I will not chicken out and will try the fondant.
 Enjoying the party.
Thank goodness we are done with the party, hopefully I won't have to worry about another one until June!  I also have to add that I am so thankful for my husband, who helped with everything.  He was the game master and shared the burden of making the mini figures and, as always, attempted to calm me down when I was overreacting :-)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

It looks like it was a great party! Great job! What fun memories for your boys. :)