Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Help?

Another year of homeschooling is staring me in the face and I have to admit I am not feeling up to it.  Being here again was not part of the plan when we finished in May.  I was set on my boys going to school, no matter what and would not be revisiting homeschooling until Oliver was in kindergarten...possibly.  Well, that wasn't God's plan for us.  I have to admit, I am scared of this year.  With a two year old in the throws of the terrible year, an almost 5 month old who wants to be held all day,  and a very stubborn, perfectionist 6 year old, teaching is not going to be easy.  We've been thinking of hiring someone to come in and watch the kids for a couple of hours once or twice a week so that I can maintain my sanity.  I have been feeling a little guilty about doing this.  I just read this article and found it very timely.  I'm not feeling so guilty anymore :-)

1 comment:

Sharon said...

I was immediately thinking of that article! Why should you feel guilty? Chances are, your kids would love playing w/ a sitter (mine do!), and it's not like you're off pampering yourself leaving your kids unattended.
I know God will give you the graces to do this! You're an awesome mom.