Friday, November 20, 2009

The Elf on the Shelf

Have you heard of this?

This received rave reviews from some of my mom friends and is a really cute way to get your kids to behave during the Christmas season.  I told my boys Santa was sending one of his elves on the first Sunday of Advent.  The elf comes to stay at your house during the weeks preceding Christmas.  Your kids name him and are allowed to talk to him, but not touch him.  Every night, he reports back to Santa about the kids' behavior.  When he comes back he moves somewhere different in your house.  The kids can talk to him, but he is under strict orders NOT to talk to them.  
We've had some attitude problems in our house lately and I am hoping that this will help with an adjustment!  Maybe a simple "THE ELF IS WATCHING YOU" will make life more peaceful?  This is the website  if you are interested in having an elf come stay with you! 

2 comments:

Jean said...

I remember having the elf in our house growing up--but never knew what it was for. I think it might work!!!

kkreations said...

I saw this also on T.V., very cute idea!
I am glad to hear I'm not the only one dealing with attitude lately, seems like a little more since the start of school!
I have Santa's phone number so I call him every night and tell him if they behave, sometimes it works, sometimes not so much!