Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Generosity of a 4 year old




I have been bugging my husband to buy me a pair of diamond solitaire earrings for awhile.  Whenever he asks me what I want for a gift, and usually when he isn't asking, I mention this.  Well I think my boys have been listening!
Yesterday, Henry's friend gave him two pennies.  While we were in the van, waiting for Joseph to come out of school, Henry said 
"Here Momma, you can have my two pennies because I know you really want a diamond.  You can buy a diamond with my money for your birthday."
He was so sweet and he really meant it!  I think I need to stop talking about my diamond earrings in front of my boys, and my husband probably wishes I would stop talking about it in front of him too!

1 comment:

kkreations said...

Men need constant reminders so keep telling him! :) It took me 2 years to get my earrings, but now I am onto an anniversary ring!:) But we made a deal, we rebuild his engine in his corvette and he can have side pipes as long as we spend the same amount on a ring for me! It might be a bit, but patience I have!
I am sure your blurb will give him a nudge, good thinking!