Sunday, September 19, 2010

How Did I End Up Here?

So, I have two degrees in Business Management and Social Work......how did I end up teaching, not only my kids but other peoples'?!  
Homeschooling and co-op are kicking my butt this year.  I honestly think if I ever get to heaven it will be because of these 2 years that I have been homeschooling my boys!  I am so grateful that we have a cooperative where the boys can be in a classroom setting, have friends at school and that allows me to to socialize with other moms.  I never thought I would be teaching Religion to 2nd and 3rd graders, English, Composition and Poetry to 5th graders and Beginning Latin???!!! Ha!  Are you kidding me?  I didn't know ANY Latin before teaching last year.  But hey "Veni, vidi, vici!"  I guess you are never too old to learn right?  
It does take a lot of time to prep and get the lesson plans ready, but I do enjoy the break from teaching my own kids.  I am holding on, trying to get through this year, but it's tough and I hope I make it! 

3 comments:

Molly Melnick said...

I have loved Latin this year. I was scared of it but I use Prima Latina videos and I love teaching and learning Latin. I wish we had a better run co-op...maybe in another life
Lisa

Molly said...

I am teaching Prima Latina too. It is kind of fun :-)

Totus Tuus said...

We love our co-op. I am teaching 5th grade language arts, geography and 2nd grade science. We also fill in where ever someone is needed. I am so happy to hear this year is going well for you.
Lena