Monday, October 4, 2010

My Favorite Season

Awww, my favorite season is finally here.  Fall....it always seems too short....well the kind of fall that I like.  I hate those hot summer days that push their way into my season and the cold winter weather that always comes too soon.  Brisk cool breezes, sunny days with the windows open, the  smell of the leaves that are falling these are a few of my favorite things.  
Not only is nature busy doing her thing, but I love fall cooking and baking.  Last night for dinner we had beef and butternut squash stew, I made apple crisp on Saturday and apple pie the week before....YUM!  I have to admit, I do enjoy this time of year when I am pregnant because I eat and bake whatever I want and don't have any of the guilt. 
Seeing the boys in their jeans and sweatshirts playing outside, wearing sweaters, contemplating starting that first fire and watching football with my man.....I am a happy lady during my favorite time of the year.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

What a perfect post!!
Fall is my favorite, too. I would take it year round. ;)