Friday, January 14, 2011

1st time for everything

7 years of being a mom and this is the first time we have had a kid who needed to get stitches....pretty amazing especially considering they are all boys!
So the story isn't very exciting: Henry was running away from Joseph, who was shooting at him with a Nerf gun (thank you Uncle Paul) and ran into a wall!  I heard a really loud smack and thought he just hit hit head (which happens all the time in our house) then I saw blood gushing out of his head and thought....great we're going to the ER.  Thomas had just walked in the door and dinner was ready, so at least I didn't have to take all of the boys with me and the others had dinner already.  Thankfully the brand new Urgent Treatment Center is only about 5 minutes away and they were open until 7pm.  Henry doesn't look too upset in the picture, he was so brave and calm, he didn't even cry.  I promised him McDonald's for dinner if he was good so I think that helped!  I hope we don't end up back at the UTC for more injuries but I have a feeling this will not be the last trip!



1 comment:

Sharon said...

Impressive. You sound so clam about it, your boy was calm, and 1st time in 7 years? Most impressive! I can picture that being something that would happen in my home.

We've had one trip to the ER. That was enough for me! (my 2nd got sick shortly after we moved in the house; dehydration. It was horrible)