Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Lent 2011

Lent 2011 has begun, I have many friends who say that this is their favorite time of year and I have to disagree.  Maybe I just haven't matured enough in my faith but I still don't love Lent.  I still watch as we approach Ash Wednesday with a small sense of dread.  I try to use the time well, but have a hard time with sacrifices and fasting.  
This year I am trying to change things up a bit.  I usually do the normal things like;  giving up sweets, saying the Rosary daily, daily Mass, giving up Facebook, TV etc. but this year it is all about my attitude.  At first this seemed like a cop-out to me, but I realized that I  need to focus on being more grateful and joyful.  I am still giving up sweets (because my kids have decided to do this too) and it's not like I HAVE to eat sweets just because I am pregnant.  
I am going to do this again with the boys too, they really did a great job last year.  
I am hoping that there will be less yelling at the kids, more peace, joy and gratitude in our house.  I really pray that we are successful this Lent.

No comments: