Wednesday, March 3, 2010

I Need a Nap!

Lately, I have been fondly remembering the days when Joseph and Henry were babies (they are only 18 months apart) and both took naps, at the SAME time.  I really took this for granted. I also took for granted that Joseph would sometimes take 4 hour afternoon naps and still go to bed at night.  I was seriously spoiled with my first-born!  Oliver takes two maybe 1 hour naps a day.  How I wish he was a better sleeper!   He still gets up at about 5 am (or earlier) every morning.  I am able to nurse him and put him back down for a while but he is up again at 6:30 almost every morning.  Thankfully, I now have the knowledge of an experienced parent and I know that this is only a short season and before I know it he will be sleeping much later.  Until then I am impatiently waiting until his afternoon nap and a well-deserved cup of coffee!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Delaney was my best sleeper...until 3 and stopped taking naps, although I know she still needs them. Spencer always takes good naps and Trenton, well, he takes two naps a day. If I'm lucky he sleeps for a couple of hours. I do alright on little sleep, however, Kurt is a BEAR if he doesn't get enough. I always loved the days when I could sneak in a little nap...doesn't happen very often anymore :( Jolene

kkreations said...

We look forward to the day the kids can get up and get breakfast and watch some tv while we lounge in bed, we're dreaming I know but it's what keeps us going! :)
However we have been blessed with good sleepers but they are early risers!
Great job on continued nursing wish I could have gone longer.