Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Not My Strong Point

So, for those who are wondering, homeschooling is going really well.  The boys do their academic work in a hour or two and then we read later in the day and that is our school day.  I am noticing one area that I am not doing that great in....crafting.  I am just not a really creative person and I am a little OCD about messes.  These two things together make for a mama who doesn't like doing crafts.  Henry used to ask me a lot if we could paint and I always changed the subject.  I am going to try and do one craft a week.  This is not a lot, but I need to start slowly :-)  I will not be including painting for a while either!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We actually have a "craft closet" in our dining room. Delaney does a craft at least once a day. I put all the messy stuff (moon sand, play-doh, paints, beads) on the top shelf. At least once a week they finger paint, which always leads to body painting:) Kurt works at the paper mill in Quinessec so he brought home a large roll of paper. I tape a big piece to the dining room floor and let them go crazy. It's a lot of work for me (clean-up, baths and then mopping)but it's all worth it. It took me a LONG time to let go and actually let them do this. They're only kids once...Jolene

Molly said...

That is a good idea Jolene. I know I need to just let it go and not worry about the mess, but it is hard! I am going to try and do it. Thanks for the advice!