Thursday, March 25, 2010

Time Keeps Ticking

It just dawned on me today, that Easter is in one week.  This shouldn't be that big of a deal but I realized that I haven't even thought about planning Easter dinner, the whole Easter basket/egg hunt fiasco, my mom's visit the day after Easter and Oliver's 1st birthday.  
I am feeling the worst about Oliver's birthday party, or lack of party.  When my older boys turned one we were still living near family and always had big birthday parties.  Our house was always busting at the seams with family and friends.  
This will be a very low-key birthday, with only my mom here.  I might buy some #1 plates and some balloons, but that is it.  I think I am more depressed about the fact that we really, really want to be closer to family, but feel like we are never going to get there.  It is compounded by the fact that every year my kids have a birthday all I can think about is the fact that it is another year that we are alone in this city.  I am just praying that God will make a way for us to move near our family before our kids are grown.  
I just re-read this post, sorry for being so depressing!  I know things could be much worse, but sometimes it is easy to focus on what you don't have!

No comments: