Saturday, October 10, 2009

Great book, good timing




I find it interesting that the day after I blogged about the difficulties of being a stay-at-home mom, my copy of Stay Home, Stay Happy arrived in the mail.  This is such a great book.  I am not even finished yet, but couldn't wait to share it.   The author is Rachel Campos-Duffy.  She was a cast member on season 3 of the Real World way back in 1994.  Wow, that makes me feel old!  I watched the Real World all of the time in high school and remember her as being the Catholic Republican.  Even then I liked her!  
Rachel is now a stay-at-home mom of 5 kids and lives in rural Wisconsin.  She was a finalist twice for a co-hosting spot on The View and continues to work as a columnist while staying home with her kids.  This book is exactly what I needed to read right now.  It reaffirms my decision to stay home and has given me some great advice to make it an even better job for me!  

No comments: