Thursday, October 1, 2009

I have a confession to make....



The Martha Stewart Show
I have a confession to make, I really like Martha Stewart.  I know she can be extremely annoying, meticulous, ostentatious, not to mention I completely disagree with her on politics.  I mean who is really going to take the time to sew a sweater for their dog or have chestnuts flown in from Washington state?  I admit, sometimes, she does go a bit far and is out-of-touch with the everyday mom and wife.  BUT, there is something that I really admire about her.  She can really make me want to try to make that beautiful holiday wreath that will cost about 5 times the amount it is worth.  Of course, this is because Martha is a brilliant business woman, and I have to go to Michael's to buy her tools in order to start.  I have even tried many of her recipes and they were less than great.  Yet, I still try to tune in to her show and pick up her magazines.  I promise myself, as I cut out ideas for crafts or that party I will never have, that someday I will have time to do some of these projects.  I have been inspired to break out my sewing machine that has been used more by my mom when she is visiting than me.  I am also planning on taking a knitting class in a few weeks.  So, maybe I would not completely disappoint Martha,  BUT I don't think you will ever catch me spending a week sewing a shirt for Fido!

2 comments:

Klumb Kreations said...

Right there with you on Martha, love her show, no matter how far out there she gets with crafts and recipes (even if I feel like a failure after an attempt). I am addicted to HGTV also. Love to knit, taught myself a few years ago, but now I am all scarved out, I mean how many can you have?!?! I made all the family and friends scarves and blankets. One of my husband's coworkers had me make her some scarves and in return she donated to March of Dimes (very dear to me charity). If you check out the library you can get instructional dvds, they are great, >> or << as many times as you want! :) I made Jace his baptism blanket, using a 7mm needle, took me well over 100 hours just for that baptism picture, but priceless! I enjoy you blog! Take a little time for yourself! :)

Percolating Petals said...

Good for you!! I like Martha's ideas as well. She shows that you can be a homemaker AND sophisticated. Some of her ideas are a bit ambitious (e.g., making your own bath fizzies when they cost $2 at Wal Mart) but she also has practical and beautiful projects. I really like her scrapbooking tools and her new home line at Macys. :)