Thursday, October 15, 2009

Would the real moms please stand up?



I am so sick of this.  Seriously, do women have to be subjected to this unrealistic portrayal of the postpartum mom?  I can honestly say that after all three of my kids I didn't look much different than I did the day before. Oh yeah, except for the deflated balloon that once resembled my belly!  It seems like every year the celebrity moms get "fit" and look like they never had a baby, sooner than the year before.  I guess if I had a chef, nanny, personal trainer and millions of dollars waiting for me in movie deals, I would probably have more incentive to lose the weight.  I do know that I have been working my butt off (literally) for 5 months and have been STRUGGLING. 
Could it be my age?  I am 30, almost 31 now.  But no, it CAN'T be!  Halle Berry, Ellen Pompeo, Naomi Watts,  and Nicole Kidman were all 40 when they had their babies and didn't seem to have any trouble getting back in shape.  Unfortunately, when you don't have a nanny, chef, personal trainer or millions of dollars; breastfeeding, waking up the middle of the night, taking care of a four and five year old, cooking dinner, cleaning the house, doing the endless loads of laundry, ETC, leaves you a little bit exhausted.  I am sure some of you moms out there can relate, I just wish I didn't have to see those celeb moms in the magazines, but for some reason I can't stop looking!

3 comments:

kkreations said...

I know what you mean, but I have also read that a lot of celeb moms schedule C-sections at 34 & 35 weeks to try to reduce the weight gain and the huge belly. That makes me even more sad!
Did you see any of the pics of Nicole Kidman, I seriously think she didn't have a baby, the pics the showed of her right before delivery she looked like she gained 3 pounds, then not even 2 weeks after delivery she was picd wearing skinny jeans (low-cut) out to lunch with her friends which to me confirms it, who leaves their new baby that soon for a friend outing. And who doesn't at least have muffin top that soon after delievery. I think they used a surrogate!

kkreations said...

I posted a link to the pic I was talking about on my facebook page :)

Molly said...

Thanks Angela, I know that is crazy! I thought there was NO way she had a baby too! It is just sad, I've heard a lot of the Hollywood mom's schedule a C-section and then get a tummy tuck at the same time!